AREA RUG PADS
Learn more about the benefits of rug pads today.
What Are Rug Pads For?
Area rug pads are an integral accessory for your area rug. Rug pads offer amazing benefits, such as:
- Rug pads prevent your rug from sliding, moving, or bunching up when people walk across them.
- Rug pads protect your floor when and if area rug pad movement occurs.
- Rug pads are available for indoor and outdoor use.
- Rug pads are available in a variety of warranties.
- Rug pads add cushion underfoot and promote safety within the home.
Two Types of Rug Pads
Rug pads have different uses depending on the material from which they are made. We offer general rug pads and premium rug pads to our customers.
General Rug Pads
General rug pads are made from a slip-resistant webbed material, and largely prevent your rug from sliding out from underneath you when you step on it. You can order a roll and cut it to size, or order a pre-cut pad in the specific size you need. General rug pads come at a lower cost than premium rug pads.
Premium Rug Pads
Premium felt or polyester blend pads are coated to help them stick to the floor, offering extra protection against movement. They also help to prevent scratches under the rug and are best for adding comfortable padding. Premium rug pads cost a bit more than general rug pads as they provide additional support and defense against potential sliding and bunching up of your area rug.